Beams and Bobbins is run by Calida Hartley-Potts, based in the UK since 2015. I sell mainly to buyers in the UK, but sometimes send worldwide orders. I also sell through Facebook and Instagram via personal communication, and on this site.
Information I Collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information such as your name, email address, postal address, payment information (via Paypal – i do not have access to bank details), and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order of jewellery, for example), if you contact me directly.
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
I rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law; and
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Information about my customers is important to my business. I do not share your personal information except in the limited circumstances, as follows:
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies (Royal Mail) and payment processing (PayPal). I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
Residents in certain territories (EU inc.) have various rights regarding personal information.
• Access: You may have the right to access/receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you.
• Change, restrict, delete: You also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object: You can object to (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests; (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain: EU residents concerned about my use of information have the right to raise concerns with local data protection authorities.
How to Contact Me
For purposes of EU data protection law, I Calida Hartley-Potts, am the data controller of your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact me at email@example.com. Alternately, you may mail me at: Calida Hartley-Potts, Willow Cottage, Sparrowpit, Buxton. Derbyshire. UK. SK17 8ET or use the contact form on my contact page.